GEODUCK PAPAYA CEVICHE
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Spanish red onion
- 1 small, ripe papaya, seeded, and diced
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1 ¼ pounds geoduck, siphon and body meat trimmed and thinly sliced into julienne
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 teaspoons seeded, ribbed and minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups mesclun or wild greens salad mix
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine onions, papaya and lime juice in a medium mixing bowl and gently mix well. Add geoduck, cilantro, jalapeno and mix well. Place in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Just before serving, toss mesclun salad with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place a portion of mesclun salad in the center of each plate, then top with a portion of the cerviche and serve.