BAKED SWORDFISH STEAKS
- 4 ounce sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried dillweed
- 4 swordfish steak portions, about 1 ½ ponds total
- 2 small bay leaves, cut in half
- 2 tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine mushrooms, sliced onions, green bell peppers, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and dillweed.
- Line a shallow baking pan with foil. Spread half the mushroom and onion mixture over the bottom then arrange swordfish steaks on top. Sprinkle swordfish steaks with salt and pepper, place a piece of bay leaf on each.
- Cut tops and stem ends off tomatoes and slice each tomato into 4 thick slices: place 2 slices on each swordfish steak. Sprinkle remaining mushroom and onion mixture over the fish.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serves 4.
Click here to translate this page into several different languages