BAKED STUFFED MULLET
- 2 lrg Mullet
- 250 grams spaghetti cooked
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbl tomato paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 sm capsicum green pepper chopped
- 1 ½ tbl parsley chopped
- 2 stk celery chopped
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp basil salt and pepper
- 2 dsh Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbl olive or vegetable oil (oyster sauce optional)
- Prepare mullet for baking by removing backbone, leaving it flat, ready for stuffing, sewing or tying up. Make sure fish is cleaned, scaled and washed thoroughly with black parts rubbed off. Remove as many bones as possible.
- Combine stuffing ingredients and add oil. This keeps spaghetti workable (soft) with other ingredients.
- Fill fish with stuffing. Tie securely, use small skewers or sew up sides of fish where necessary. Place fish on oiled baking dish and place in hot oven. Reduce heat and cook slowly for 30-45 minutes, according to fish size. Test to see if cooked. When cooked, remove from oven and when cool enough to handle, remove string or other securing device. This fish can be glazed with geletine or oyster sauce.
- Decorate with flair. This dish is very nice served with baked, seasoned tomatoes topped with buttered breadcrumbs, onions, and braised celery.
Click here to translate this page into several different languages